Search this Blog & the WWW

Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Location Review: Zoo Negara Malaysia, Ampang

I have been visiting the national zoo inconsistently for the last 35 years. In fact, the gap between my last two trips to the zoo was more than a decade. Nevertheless, every trip was memorable and even now, I could still remember how it was in the zoo in the early 1970s. One thing is for sure, the zoo is always evolving and I was pleasantly surprised of the improvements made thus far.

The main entrance is iconic and I hope will remain as long as the zoo is located in Ampang. I don’t mind other parts of the zoo to be rebuilt but the main entrance should always be there to greet visitors young and old.

The only complaint I have is the cleanliness. When will Malaysians learn! There is a reason why there are a lot of rubbish bins situated around the zoo. Please use them.

If only the zoo get more prominent in the eyes of the federal government. I bet it can even be as sophisticated as Singapore Zoo. This is not difficult. If there is a will there will be a way.

Verdict: You must visit. Bring as many as possible.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails