Search this Blog & the WWW

Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

My old school: Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan St. John Kuala Lumpur; Part 02

My friend also took photos of my primary school which is situated on the other side of the road. This too brought back a lot of memories. I spent 6 years of my life in this school, from 1977 right up to 1982.

Below is the side walkaway heading down towards, Jalan Ampang.


The school field. When I was young, this school field looks enormous. In reality.... I am happy though that the school built a covered gallery for spectators.


That block you see in the background is the main hall for the school.


This is the administrative building for the school.


Parents waiting?


Class corridor. When I was in Standard 3 Kuning (Yellow), my class in the one in the foreground, the one with the fire house.


This is where we used to assemble before going to class. Glad to see it is now covered.


That famous tree on the right is still there!


This is the route down to the industrial class workshop. I didn't take this subject so I don't actually know what's down there.


The inner court. I remember we used to line up in one straight row when we were in Primary 1 and being taught how to brush our teeth properly. We then all spit into the drain.


In the 1970s this was called the tuck shop. Later it was called the canteen. My mom only started to give me money when I was in Primary 3. Before that I brought snacks from home.


End.

My old school: St. John's Institution Kuala Lumpur; Part 01


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails