Search this Blog & the WWW

Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Andaman Resort Langkawi - February 2006




In February 2006, I attended a conference which was held in Andaman Resort Langkawi. This was the first time that I stayed in that resort and I was expecting someting magical based on all the lovely reviews. Before I can explore the resort, I had to fly to get there and the 50 minute trip was uneventful. Before my plane started the flight, I got the chance to take a picture of a MAS B747 with a very funky paint job.


Arrived at the hotel late in the evening. Could not do much exploring so after a quick dinner, off the the bedroom.


Above is a picture of my colleague's room with an extra bed that requested for his daughter. He decided to bring his wife and child along for the trip. At this time, I believe my room was not ready yet.


In terms of design, very contemporary and normal. The first let down of the day.






When I woke up in the morning, it was when I realised how close I am to the jungle. This is the attraction of this resort - not sure a lot of people can appreciate this. Below is the picture taken from my window.



Below is yours truly on the way to the conference. Very humid under the trees.


The hotel block when I am staying as taken from the jungle. Monkeys have been known to enter the rooms if the occupants forget to close the windows or doors. So prevalent that warning signs are standard in the room on this risk.



The jewel behind the resort - the beach, kilometres of prestine and quiet white sands and waves.


Because there is no public eminities, no one comes here and hence, this place is like a private beach.


On the steep hillsides, small banglows are built. I was told that these are the treatment rooms for the SPA.


Because it is situated in a cove, no wild waves - everything is so gentle.





There are also some private villas that are available for sale. Ridiculous price of >RM20 million!!



There are more monkey on the beach than humans!


The lounge area for the hotel.


This hotel has many levels - without the lifts, it can get very tiring walking up and down the steps.


The pool.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails