Search this Blog & the WWW

Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Significant personal events relating to each of my watch purchases



My watch collection was created from significant events in my life. The first, my old Seiko Kinetic (no longer working) was given to me by my wife for my 28th birthday. Unfortunately, due to catastrophic failure of a gasket, seawater got in and fried the electronics.

My wife and kid got me another watch in 2005, the Solvil et Titus watch for my birthday. This one is still working (in fact, I am using it right now).

The next watch in my collection is my Suunto T1C which I got for my wedding anniversary in 2009. Whether I'm hitting the gym to work off that extra holiday weight, or going for my daily run, every bit of information helps. With the Comfort Belt to accurately and conveniently monitor my real-time or average heart rate, I now know how to get the most out of each session.

When I went to Mecca in 2010, I got one to commemorate that event of my life with a Seiko 5 Automatic that has a map function.

A few months later, on a family holiday to Switzerland, I got the Tissot T-Classic Le Locle Automatic Watch. It has a nice classic look to it with a very good movement. It has a stainless steel case and grey-tone stainless steel bracelet. Automatic movement with black dial with roman numerals. Date calendar display at 3 o'clock position. Sapphire crystal. Water resistant to 30 meters.

Then when I was on a company trip to Luxembourg, I chanced upon this watch designer called Schroeder. The watch, a Schroeder GMT Automatic is so unique that it is not found in Asia!

My latest acquisition is the Seiko Ananta Double Retrograde Automatic. I got this as a present to myself when I sold my old Ford Ranger car recently.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails