Search this Blog & the WWW

Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Recycling Initiative

I have been an avid recycling proponent since the year 2000. Typical items recycled are newspaper, white paper, colour paper, cardboards, plastics, metal, aluminum and glass. Other items recycled but not often are car batteries and cloths (no longer accepted). The source of my recycling is my own household as well as some items that my parents and in-laws may have set aside for me.

The motivation behind my recycling initiative is two-fold. The first is to help the environment by reducing the pressure of consumption on the ability of the resources to renew naturally. The second is purely monetary. There is money to be made in recycling.

Since 2000 up to now, I have recycled 11,511 kg of regular items. I have also recycled 6 car batteries and a washing machine. Income generated totaled RM3,068.18.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails