Search this Blog & the WWW

Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Sending a niece to her eternal resting place

It was just after 1 pm a few months ago that I found myself in this location. In a graveyard in Tanjong Tualang Perak. The night before I was informed that my cousin's daughter died in a tragic vehicle accident.


Following tradition, the family was able to settle paperwork and got a grave ready to receive the body. I was one of the first few to arrive at the graveyard.


Sobering thought after having look inside a newly dug grave.


The men from my side of the the family branch waiting for the cortege to arrive. We helped arranged the chairs.


It was a hot day and the canopy was a welcome cover from the sun's rays.


The cortege arrived and the body was carefully placed inside the grave. I feel sad for my cousins to have to bury their eldest daughter.


...covering the grave.


The last of my parent's generation.


















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails