Search this Blog & the WWW

Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Received my Bialetti Moka Express stove pot from Amazon

I finally got my Bialetti Moka Express stove pot from Amazon after a 48 hour delay. Because I took the Amazon deliver option, I got a refund (courier charges) due to the delay. I was quite happy about it.

The box came complete and was professionally packed.


For a 6 cup version, the pot looks small to me.


The unveiling....


All aluminum construction, the bottom consist of the pressure vessel while the top is the catchment pot.

Over the weekend, I bought some coffee beans to try it out. The output was just like what you would get out of expensive coffee machines. For the investment of USD24.99, I can use this anywhere where there is a heat source.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Glad to see you are enjoying your mokas! I live in KL and was investigating into getting myself one of these Bialetti Moka pots. It seems impossible to locate one in KL, which made me start looking for a way to have it delivered. I noticed that the price on Amazon is quite lower than ordering it from Qoo10. However, I wanted to ask you if you had to pay any customs charges. If so, where did you have to pay this? I was also curious as to whether you had it delivered from the US or UK?
Thanks in advance for your time and help.
I am really looking forward into owning a Bialetti myself! :)
- Tina

The Blogger (63672674) said...

Hi Tina,
I didn't pay any tax on the Bialetti. Not sure whether there is no tax or that customs just let it pass.
I got it delivered from the US. Even if you include the postage (best to use the premium courier instead of USPS), it is still cheaper than Qoo10.
Just one comment - by the bigger capacity pot i.e. >6 cups.

Regards, Meor

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your quick response and for the tip, Meor! I will consider the bigger size. They do look quite small...

I have decided to try my luck and order it. I think it's worth it.

Thanks again for your help.
All the best,
Tina

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that my Bialetti arrived safely from Amazon today. I am very glad I listened to your advise, as the 6 cups size provided me with 2 nice cups of delicious coffee.
Thanks again!
Tina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails