Search this Blog & the WWW

Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Harvested my first coconut

Since my previous posting about my first and currently only coconut tree in my garden (see: http://meoramri.blogspot.com/2014/02/first-coconut-from-my-garden.html), the first coconut has grown to a size that I felt was sufficiently big to harvest. As advertised, the particular coconut tree is supposed to start bearing fruit in 7 years time. I planted it in 2007 and the first fruit came in 2014, on schedule.

Here my son is holding to the coconut after plucking it.


Sweet tasting coconut water! However, there was hardly any flesh in the fruit. I guess, it can grow bigger. At least now I have a reference before I go plucking again. At the moment, there are 5 smaller coconuts on the tree.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails