Search this Blog & the WWW

Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Bucharest, Romania - Introducing the bond valaution concept at a World Bank conference and proud to know Malaysia has something unique to share with a lot of developing economies - Part 07

Continuation from Bucharest, Romania - Interesting find as part of the hotel room tidbits - Part 06

The Romanian Banking Institute is situated about 20 minutes walk away from the hotel. Here is where ongoing training of banking professionals in Romania are usually held.


On the third and final day of the conference was my turn to take to the podium to share the Malaysian bond market as well as the aspects of valuation experience in the last 10 years. This was the most liveliest moment of the conference as a lot of developing countries from Europe, Africa and Latin America have not had such concepts introduced into their respective jurisdictions. Questions came thick and fast.

Quite proud to know that Malaysians do have another working idea to share with the developing world and I am in the thick of it. 

Another interesting fact about Romania: for the four days I was there, all mineral water comes from glass bottles. I don't see plastic bottle anywhere.

The picture below was taken when I set down after my presentation for the questions and answers session. Too embarrassed to take a good photo so I took this subtle/sneak picture.  
 

A question being asked by a representative of an Eastern European Central Banker (I believe from Poland).


Its noon-time in Bucharest (I've yet to change the Malaysian time on my watch - Romania is 6 hours behind Malaysia). My session has just ended. Time for lunch!


To be continued.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails