Search this Blog & the WWW

Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pictorial Journal on my family holiday to Tanjung Rhu, Langkawi - March 2008 - Part 01



In March of 2008, I took my family for a relaxing 4 night beach holiday to Tanjung Rhu Resort, Langkawai. As readers would recall, I went for a company trip to this place in March 2011 (Photos of Tanjung Rhu, Langakawi). It is because of the March 2008 trip, that I recommended this place to my company.

Took a lot of photos on this first visit and I would like to share them with the readers in this pictorial blog journal.

Early March 2008, the family got ready to go for a vacation in Langkawi. The trip starts early in the morning with a car ride to the Putrajaya ERL Train Station. Below is a picture of my girls.


My wife.


My son.


While waiting for the train to arrive, the kids did some posing.



At the airport, we had a very early breakfast at Burger King (at the arrival hall). My son and me.




My girls and me.


We took a MAS flight. Although I was told that AirAsia would be so much cheaper, I still prefer MAS for the comfort as well as the orderly way passengers are treated.


As my son is still below two, he had to piggyback on his mom. No seat for him.



After an uneventful flight, we arrived in sun baked Langkawi. The MAS plane that we used is in the background of this photo.




An AirAsia flight boarding on the tarmac.



The hotel arranged a pick-up service for us. Here is a picture of the first roundabout after exiting the airport.


My son having a fun time riding 4 types of vehicles in as many hours (taxi to the train station, train to KLIA, airplane to Langkawi and finally an MPV to the resort).


Paddy fields.


The Andaman sea - so blue!



The private road to the resort. The resort gets its name from the Rhu tree which is abundant in this area. Tanjung Rhu means the Rhu Peninsular.


TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails