Search this Blog & the WWW

Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Dubai Trip - Part 13

Continuation from http://meoramri.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-dubai-trip-part-12-video.html.

After 5 hours of walking around the huge complex, I decided to call it a day. The time was 9:30 pm Dubai Time but it is 1:30 am KL time. Now I know why I was damn tired!

The last shots I took before I took the Metro back to the hotel was the iconic tower at night. It was breathtakingly beautiful. The interplay of the spot lights make it look as if it is disappearing into the clouds.


If you refer to the picture below compared to the picture on top you will understand it. Looking at the building straight on, you do not see the effect. But once you look up towards the top of the tower, the effect becomes obvious.


The night was uneventful. The long walking adventure made me so tired that I fell into a deep sleep. Usually, it is difficult for me to have a good night sleep in new surroundings but that night it was blissful. Next morning, back to reality.

Work beckons and the reality of why I am in Dubai sinks in. It was a wonderful morning and the weather was clear, unlike the previous day which was a bit hazy. Since I was already at the business district, the travelling was not far. 


Luckily, the sponsors of my trip provided transport in the form of a bus. While waiting for the rest of the people, I snapped a few pictures.


This is me in the bus, all suited up.


Like any cosmopolitan, traffic was a bitch.


To get to a building that is just a walking distance away, one would need to drive a few kilometers via the various one-way streets provided.


The final destination.


This is the Dubai International Financial Centre.


One of the many entrances.

2 comments:

Nina Nurziana said...

i always wish to go to dubai.. huhu~

ohmywtf said...

oh god! the Burj Kalifa!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails