Search this Blog & the WWW

Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

My Dubai Trip - Part 11

Continuation from http://meoramri.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-dubai-trip-part-10.html.

After a very tiring walk in the main mall itself, I decided to explore the various souks around the lake. After referring to the map of the mall, I realised that I would not be able to completely cover the whole mall in just that one day. So, I choose to walk only on the main route.


One important observation that I noticed is the abundance of water. I believe this shows the wealth of the country since water is more valuable than oil! In the picture below you could just make out a cafe on the left. All along the waterfront, cafes are everywhere.


I also realise the significance of the various ponds at various levels of the Mall complex. This is a copy of the Alhambra Palace in Spain as well as the Zuggurat Tower in Iraq where water features are celebrated throughout the complex. At least my secondary school history has not gone to waste!


Again, another picture to show you the vastness of the man-made lake. By the way, it is deep. Not like in KLCC where cleaners can wade in the pool to clean it.


I noticed this gallery at the edge of the lake. Shows are being performed on the lake. Since I was tired, I waited to see. Look out for my next posting on this. You will be amazed by the show. I got a video of it.

4 comments:

ohmywtf said...

wow..sigh...regretted i did explore more of Dubai when i was there :-(

Himmat Singh said...

the canals make it seem like Venice....

suhaisweet said...

nice pics..visit mine if free k.;D

jfook said...

You make me wanna go to Dubai..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails