Search this Blog & the WWW

Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Malaysian Services: Strict cash management control at JPJ

Last week I went to renew my road tax for 2 vehicles. After my number was called, I gave the registration cards to the clerk as well as my credit card. However, she didn't see the credit card and she assumed that payment will be made by cash. However, what shocked me was what transpired later.

She suddenly gave me a shocked look. She then told me that she cannot cancel the entry as the system has already recorded a cash payment. She then asked me how much I got in my pocket. Unfortunately, I only got RM50 (total was RM90). She then went to get permission from her supervisor.

Poor thing, when she got back, her supervisor did not want to change and therefore, she has to make up the difference herself. To top it all, she was kind enough to ask whether I needed the RM50 for something else.

My question is: why are the systems too rigid? It was an honest mistake and she should have the ability, with another person to authenticate, to change mistakes typed into the system.

I felt very bad about this. Good thing I got a heart. Otherwise, I would just not repay her. To Puan Hasnah of JPJ Petaling Jaya, I salute you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails